Re: Europa-List: oil

Subject: Re: Europa-List: oil
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 20:58:34

On 03/14/2014 12:53 PM, Ivor Phillips wrote:
> <ivor.phillips@ntlworld.com>
>
> Hi Frans Like you I use the VSX 4 T but now use the shell AX7.

It is a bit confusing. I have seen the AX7 advertised as being fully
synthetic, whereas the VSX was half synthetic. Full synthetic oils
have difficulties with the lead content of AVGAS and are therefore
unsuitable for my purpose. My supplier sent me Advance Ultra which is
supposed to be superior (and much more expensive) but in the Rotax
service bulletin it was indicated as unsuitable for use with AVGAS fuel.
So, this is why I'm concerned about the successor AX7 oil. If you can
confirm that it is indeed basically the same as the predecessor VSX
and still half synthetic I'm happy to use it.

> BTW are you going to the Rotax meet at Wels this June ?

That is unlikely. I even didn't know about this meeting but I have
quite a busy schedule this saison.

I will probably see you at one of the other events.
BTW the place you recommended to go to was Scilly was it?

Best regards,
Frans