Europa-List: TPDD and request for mod assistance.

Subject: Europa-List: TPDD and request for mod assistance.
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 09:23:58
Hi,
This is my TPDD. You can=92t really tell from the photo but the top of
the tunnel has been turned into a hinged lid to the underside, where
fuel selectors, pumps, etc are to be located. I have an Andair
Gascolator on a shelf directly above this reinforced access, which is
why it exists. HOWEVER, I could use it as a TPDD. I am using a clear
marine deck access fitting with a plastic thread, however I have thought
about modifying the lid such that I can screw it out, or in, and in that
respect if the shelf was placed accordingly, I=92d be able to remove it
inflight for photography etc.
I=92ve actually ditched that option to be honest though, with things
like CO2 entering being my biggest concern. Still, if you were desperate
for a TPDD, this would work fine.

:-)

P.S. I am challenged to replace the original strength with my mod.
Immediately under the throttle slot I have a bulkhead, and it is
misleading in the photo how far down the sides I have cut. At the back
the side cuts run into the top, and at the front its about 150 mm deep,
so the sidewalls of the tunnel are basically intact. I anticipate that
the majority of the load is on the vertical faces of the tunnel, engine
etc. however the fuselage also is a contributor to the entire load
carrying of the engine. I think the flat top of the tunnel is more like
the top flange of an I beam, pertinent in the load created with a G
manoeuvre by the engine. Without that flange I am struggling to see if I
can get the outcome I want, so if anyone has an idea I=92d appreciate
it. Still, the wide arse mods and the new profile has a negligible top
web to this part of the tunnel, and if I don=92t adopt those, which I
don=92t plan on doing, I have more side material in a vertical
orientation than they do already, to compensate for the absence of the
top web. Still, I plan on doing something, but what is the question.

TPDD = Toilet Paper Deployment Device

Tony Renshaw
Sydney Aussie