Europa-List: static line drain essential?

Subject: Europa-List: static line drain essential?
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 22:54:01

I note in the installation instructions for my Trig transponder it says:

"In all cases, the static line should include drainage provisions and should be
routed in accordance with CS 23.1325 or other applicable airworthiness
provisions
for the aircraft."

CS23 1325 says (inter alia):

"(1) The design and installation of a static pressure system must be such that

   (i) Positive drainage of moisture is provided;"

Obviously this is for factory-built CoA aircraft. But shouldn't we be following
good practice? And does anyone know what the LAA position on static drains might
be?

Any advice or experience appreciated.

in friendship

Rowland