Re: Europa-List: Tufnell bonding to quick connect bellcrank

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tufnell bonding to quick connect bellcrank
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 08:46:43

Hi William,
I am not sure from your explanation, and I dont have the book with me, but I
roughed
up the gluing inner face of my aileron bell crank quick connect, using my
Dremel and a Permagrit drum abrader. It tears the metal in a small way, and
leaves quite a distressed surface for bonding. Prime the surface with pure redux
on a cotton bud, and then put flox in with the redux for the actual adhesive.
If your doing the bonding as per the book you will neef other peoples advice
as to how to stop sticking everything together, as I did mine a different way.
Good luck.

> On 23 Feb 2014, at 8:26, William Bliss <william@wbliss.co.uk> wrote:
>

> Hello everyone
> I have been trying to bond the piece of Tufnall to the fuselage aerolon quick
connect bellcrank. Problem is that the redux simply flows out the bottom of the
joint. It is too runny! The build manual describes assembling the wings and
letting the bond set in order to achieve a perfect fit. I am sure this problem
must have been surmounted by all the builders and it has probably been discussed
before. A link to the answer would be appreciated.