Re: Europa-List: Re: 914 battery location.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: 914 battery location.
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 09:28:52

Tony, Have just got back from skiing to be able to lay
hands on my C of G data:
          I adjusted my C of G to be at 59" AOD and that
allows any combination of pilot wt 120 to 400lbs/ Fuel 0
to 110 lbs/ baggage 0 to 80 lbs to give C o G within the
58 - 62.5" range. The precise calculations will depend on
your empty wt ( that is a heavy pilot will not shift the C
o G so far in a heavy plane). It means that I never have
to do any calculations of wt & balance and do not risk
flying out of safe balance range. So I would suggest 59"
is an ideal figure to aim at, and would be interested to
hear any contrary views.
        Regards, David