RE: Europa-List: Door fitting ??

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Door fitting ??
From: craig <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 19:30:08
I started with the sides and blocked them down till the door was just
fitting the hole, then did the top and bottom, the hinges were then fitted,
as ron said the hinge rebates were junk, the door was too low at the front
and too high at the back on the pilots side reversed for the pax side, which
basically required them to be rebuilt, once I had the doors level on the top
and was happy with the fit and clearance, remember slow and steady, its not
hard but needs a little time. I then did the lock hardware, my tip for that
would be get the front and back bolts as high as you can in the frame so the
receivers for the bolts are in the flat of the frame not the curve, just
watch the front or you will hit the bottom of the window

Of course when you add the seals and the strut it will likely need to be
fixed again

Good luck

craig