Re: Europa-List: painting instrument module query

Subject: Re: Europa-List: painting instrument module query
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 17:33:32

Rowland, It probably doesn't alter what you might want to
do, but in hot weather the panel absorbs a lot of heat and
cooks the instruments, and ( if you have the sort of
instrument capable of it,)my EFIS sent out distress
signals then closed itself down in the middle of Spain and
this was in spite of me having a panel cooling fan,
blowing air though from above pax feet to emerge below
pilot screen where it doubles as a demister. From this
point of view the least absorbent colour you can get away
with the better.
      As far as the releasing agent goes, I strongly
advise washing it off meticulously. I developed a serious
allergic reaction after doing the final rub down of the
fuselage, and the clever medics told me it was almost
certainly the release agent which is notoriously
allergenic!
   Regards, David