Europa-List: painting instrument module query

Subject: Europa-List: painting instrument module query
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 14:47:01

I'm intending to finish my instrument module in matt black and I wonder if there
are any pitfalls or tips I should be aware of.

I'm thinking I'll rub it down with (say) 1000 grit paper then spray it with
Halfords
best matt-black cellulose can spray. Should I be using a primer first? Do
I need to wash off mould release remains with soap & hot water before rubbing
down?

Any other advice or warnings welcome.

in friendship

Rowland