Re: Europa-List: Bulkhead Material

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Bulkhead Material
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 15:04:49
Thanks for the tips. I=92ll try not to poison myself ;-)
Tony R

On 9 Jan 2014, at 1:39 pm, Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com> wrote:

> Tony,
>
> Polyurethane rigid foam sheet is usually what is used for bulkheads,
etc.  Probably 1/8 or 1/4 inch thick.  It is extremely easy to shape
with hand tools (saw, knife, abrasives, etc.), but do not hot-wire as it
produces cyanide gas when vaporized.

> If you can not get the thickness material you need from ACS, you can
try McMaster-Carr.  Shipping weight for the material isn=92t an issue
but packaging bulk is.

> Blue skies & tailwinds,
> Bob Borger
> Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop (50 hrs).
> Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
> 3705 Lynchburg Dr.
> Corinth, TX  76208-5331
> Cel: 817-992-1117
> rlborger@mac.com
>

> On Jan 8, 2014, at 5:29 AM, Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>  Can someone please remind me of the name of a material I can buy from
ACS that can be used as a substrate for a small reinforcement bulkhead
within a wing fairing? I don't mean foam, if someone with a sense of
humour might suggest, but something cloth on both sides will stick
to,well,,and ideally is only 1/8-1/4" in thickness.
> Thanks in anticipation.
> Regards
> Tony Renshaw.
> P.S. It's just dawned on me, we have used balsa as such a medium, but
I think there is a purpose specific board.