Re: Europa-List: Vapor pressure of gasoline?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Vapor pressure of gasoline?
From: Andrew Sarangan <asarangan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 18:31:34

Bob
Thanks for that suggestion. I did some searching, and think I've found
the answer. It seems winter fuels use more butane, which has a vapor
pressure of 30 psi at 20C (twice atmospheric). That is quite a bit of
pressure! So the butane boiling off must be contributing to the
pressurization of my tank.
At first I suspected ethanol, but its vapor pressure is only 1psi.

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com> wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> Gasoline, MoGas, Petrol, is a very complex mixture of hydrocarbons (primarily
C4-C12) with quite a number of chemical additives to provide stability,
cleaning,
anti-knock, etc.  You might want to read the Wikipedia page on Gasoline for
details.  You will probably find your answer there.