Re: Europa-List: Mod 7 flight ready

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mod 7 flight ready
From: Kevin Klinefelter <klinefelter.kevin@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 17:12:47

Dave,
Sounds like that little camera is pretty handy!
Kevin ( down in Bishop)

> On Dec 28, 2013, at 4:37 PM, "djaflyact" <djaflyact@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Again, I'm not sure how many are interested in this, but here is another
> update:
>
> The last issue I had with the prep for flight was the pip pin engaging with
> the
bellville washer. I installed the pin and it seemed to be barely engaging the
washer, if at all. I could not pull it back. I planned to drill an inspection
hole in the wing root faring to put the video snake in to see if the pin head
is coming through the fatter spar. I worked on it today and discovered that
I can look through the inspection hole to the port fuel tank outlet and see the
end of the pip pin. It was fully engaged. I was able to work it back and
determine
the shim washers to account for the play. Two thick washers did the trick.

> The airplane is now ready for flight. If the weather cooperates, tomorrow will
be first flight. I will post the results of that flight.

> The gut check is that the wing root fairings are mating with the fuselage as
they were before - within reasonable limits. It does feel good to have the
stronger
structure now.

> Does anyone know what the speed are supposed to be on the modified airplane?
I have 127 knots for Vne from the past, but the website shows 165 knots on the
specs  - the same as the  short wing airplane. I also have 97 knots for
maneuvering
speed and the top of the green arc. With that speed, normal cruise will
be well into the yellow arc. I see around 110 knots IAS in normal cruise. That
is at about 28 inches. Rotax 914.