Europa-List: Re: Using French land as an airfield?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Using French land as an airfield?
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 00:24:14

Clive,
There is no such 28 day rule in France. If you want to use your own land as an
airstrip, there are two possibilities: if you are flying a ULM (similar to the
UK Microlight category) you can land in your backyard all year round without
asking permission to anybody. Obviously the Europa is not in this category. As
an aircraft, it can land only on a registered airfield. So the way to go is to
get your field approved as a private airfield. I did some research and found
the attached document. Sorry it is in french. It looks very simple but I believe
it is more difficult in reality.
Remi
F-PGKL

Read this topic online here: