Europa-List: Using French land as an airfield?

Subject: Europa-List: Using French land as an airfield?
From: gtagr <clive.maf@googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 03:43:40

Friends,

I've an ambition to buy land in France and build a house.

In the UK we have a '30-day rule' that says you can use any land you own for any
use (including an airfield) providing you use it for not more than 30 days a
year for that purpose.  If you do, you'd need planning permission - which would
be tortuous and in the case of an airfield application, almost certainly
unsuccessful.

What are the rules in France for turning land you own into an airstrip?

Could our French colleagues let us know?  Perhaps there is some official route
to take?

(PS, I'm aware of the airpark schemes in France but don't want to go that route
due to annual cost)

?

Regards,

Clive Sutton