Europa-List: More Mod 78 Fun!

Subject: Europa-List: More Mod 78 Fun!
From: djaflyact <djaflyact@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 19:15:54

Today, I have determined that the next wing to go into the fuselage will not
work.
I made a board the right thickness and did a trial run. It looked like it
it wasn't going to fit and the board verified. The problem is the aileron
control
arm bolts (CS08). It looks like it might clear the CS08 arm, but not the bolt
heads.

There are some possibilities to address this new problem. Replace the AN bolts
with counter sunk screws. That might not be enough and the CS08 bracket might
be too close to the spar.

How about bending (adjusting) the CS08 bracket? The starboard CS08 has plenty of
clearance and could be bent forward to allow more clearance of the cross link
with the fuel tank. The port S08 could be bent toward the rear to allow more
clearance to the new spar. It has plenty of clearance with the fuel tank.

Anybody know if the CS08 arms  can be removed? That would make modifying them
easier.
Any ideas for tweaking them in place?

As Rozanna Rozanna Danna used to say - "If its not one thing, its something
else!"

Thanks,

Dave
A227