RE: Europa-List: 912S replacement fuel lift pumps

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 912S replacement fuel lift pumps
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 18:47:15
Clive=2C
I have installed two of the pumps and had no problem with clearance on the
cowl.  I have not seen your pics.  Could you please forward them to my pers
onal site:  budyerly@msn.com.

The new pump has a different flow rate and higher pressure.  Lockwood Aviat
ion (Local Rotax Dealer) cautioned me about the higher pressure to the 912S
 carbs=2C but our fuel pressure is still below the 5.8PSI max.  Your liter
per hour seems like a very large improvement in fuel economy.  Check your E
GT and temps in that it may be leaning on you a bit.  A line may be pinched
 or clogged.

Regards=2C
Bud Yerly

> Subject: Europa-List: 912S replacement fuel lift pumps
> From: clive.maf@googlemail.com
> Date: Sun=2C 24 Nov 2013 09:31:29 -0800
> To: europa-list@matronics.com
>

> Hi all=2C
>
> I got a letter from Rotax recently telling me that I was entitled to a fr
ee replacement lift pump for a 912S AC pump I bought to solve a problem in
2009.  The fuel pump fitted to the original engine began spitting out fuel
(yes fuel)=2C from the oil vent hole underneath.  On changing it from the o
riginal to a Rotax-supplied AC pump=2C my fuel economy improved by about 1
litre/hr.

> Anyway=2C I collected the new design/free pump on Friday and fitted it to
 the engine over the weekend - but I envisage a fit problem with the cowlin
g - as the latest pump body is larger.  It touches (only just) on the pump
body - please see attached pic.  Wondered if anyone has had the same proble
m and what they did about it please?