Europa-List: 912S replacement fuel lift pumps

Subject: Europa-List: 912S replacement fuel lift pumps
From: gtagr <clive.maf@googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 09:31:29

Hi all,

I got a letter from Rotax recently telling me that I was entitled to a free
replacement
lift pump for a 912S AC pump I bought to solve a problem in 2009.  The
fuel pump fitted to the original engine began spitting out fuel (yes fuel),
---From the oil vent hole underneath.  On changing it from the original to a
Rotax-supplied
AC pump, my fuel economy improved by about 1 litre/hr.

Anyway, I collected the new design/free pump on Friday and fitted it to the
engine
over the weekend - but I envisage a fit problem with the cowling - as the
latest pump body is larger.  It touches (only just) on the pump body - please
see attached pic.  Wondered if anyone has had the same problem and what they did
about it please?

Clive Sutton

Read this topic online here:

Attachments: