Re: Europa-List: XS Fuel Tank

Subject: Re: Europa-List: XS Fuel Tank
From: Andrew Sarangan <asarangan@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 20:41:36

Frans

These are very good points, and I wondered about them myself. To add
to that list, plastic tanks are seamless constructions and do not
rust. UV damage is an issue in boats (where they may be exposed to
direct sun), but probably not a concern in aircraft. It is also
partially transparent so it is possible to use an optical level sensor
---From the outside of the tank.

If made from the right plastic and installed correctly, I think a
plastic tank should be significantly better. Unfortunately, the Europa
tanks are not made from the right kind of plastic, and the
installation method is flawed.