Re: Europa-List: Re: Arplast PV50 problem

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Arplast PV50 problem
From: Gerry Holland <gholland@contentstream.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 17:56:33

Jim Hi!
Sorry for delayed response....getting old.
Good to hear you have a good Hangar at Thruxton.
I still have you Mobile number and will try and give you a call.

One of the simple parts of the Arplast system is the way voltage is applied to
motor through the hollow prop mounting.
A single thickish piano wire comes from a potentiometer and 'seats' into a brass
ferrule at the moment end.
Are you sure that is positioned correctly and also clean, not corroded?
We'll have a chat and I can probably call in later next week as I have to pick
up my aircraft engine from Mike Watts in Southampton after a full overhaul.
Regards
Gerry