Re: Europa-List: airplast pv50 problem

Subject: Re: Europa-List: airplast pv50 problem
From: KENNETH ATKINSON <kennethatkinson178@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 18:25:09
Hi, =0APV50-If you find your problem is the pitch-change motor,and you find
 a supplier,I would like to have the details so that I can buy a spare=0AIt
 is possible to fit a resistor in the pink supply wire to the motor.It is 2
 ohms-10W-RSpart no;252-2489.=0AI love the Arplast/Smart Avionics propeller
/controller system although it does take time to understand and setup corre
ctly-particularly the coarse pitch setting- so as to allow a safe rate of
 climb during a go-around.=0AI suspect that the microswitches may need chan
ging in time and a faulty one could be your problem.=0AI have fitted the re
commended fine and coarse mechanical stops to limit pitch runaway in case o
f switch or screw failure.=0A-=0ACheers Ken Atkinson G-CEKV Mono 019=0A
=0A=0A________________________________=0A From: g-fizy <jim.davis1@me.com>
=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Thursday, 7 November 2013, 23:04
=0ASubject: Europa-List: airplast pv50 problem=0A  =0A=0A--> Europa-List me
ssage posted by: "g-fizy" <jim.davis1@me.com>=0A=0AHi all i am having a few
 problems with my pv50 prop ,it does not seem to move ,take off is ok but a
s soon as i start to get to about 500 ft the engine speed seems to go uncon
trolled ,the controller seems not to be doing anything =0Ait displays a cha
nge in pitch but i do not think- that the actual prop pitch motor is movi
ng , the smart avionics- controller manual says you can adjust the prop w
ith out the engine running ,I am guessing that if you put the controller in
 manual mode and adjust the- pitch the motor should move,but nothing happ
ens ,please can some one confirm this ,as i dont fancy fault finding with a
 spinning prop ,or has anyone got any ideas on fault finding .Please let me
 know =0A=0Athanks jim=0A=0A--------=0Aowner g-fizy=0A=0A=0A=0A=0ARead this
 topic online here:=0A=0Ahttp://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=4124
- - - - - - - - - - - - -Matt Dralle, List Admin.