Re: Europa-List: airplast pv50 problem

Subject: Re: Europa-List: airplast pv50 problem
From: pooh <pjeffers@talktalk.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 09:29:56
=0A =0A=0AHi Jim,=0AHard to diagnose your problem with the inf
o you have given, but I would like to venture the suggesti
on that once you have fixed the problem (whatever that may
turn out to be) that you refrain from using the PV 50 in
 auto, except perhaps for take off and landing.  =0AThe dr
ive motor used on the PV50 is a beautiful Swiss made motor
 but was designed for use on 9 volt systems.  In the P
V 50 installation it runs on 12 volts.  experience has sho
wn that the motors do not last that long (perhaps 300 hrs
if you are lucky). This short life is much further exacerbat
ed if the controller is run in auto as it will be consta
ntly making small corrections winding the blades back and forw
ard.=0AAs for your problem I think the first thing to try
is establish if the motor is still functioning. To establish
this remove your spinner to gain access to the motor. It i
s the long 1=9D approx. dia cylinder which sticks out
forward of everything else.  On the front end there are tw
o terminals. Before proceeding to the next stage ensure you
have isolated the prop electrics from the a/c electrical syste
m.  Ie switched it off and pulled the breaker.=0ANow use a
 little 9 volt dry cell battery and connect it to the te
rminals of the motor.  No matter the polarity. The motor s
hould run if it is good.  Caution not to run it for mo
re than a second or so.  Try reversing the polarity it s
hould run the other direction if the motor is good.  =0AIf
 the motor is good we need to search further for your pr
oblem.  If the motor does not run then we know what we
need to replace.=0AIf you wish please advise results.=0A=0A=0APete
 Jeffers   LAA Inspector for the Europa Club=0A=0A=0A=0AFrom:
g-fizy=0ASent: =8EThursday=8E, =8E7=8E =8ENo
vember=8E =8E2013 =8E23=8E:=8E04=0ATo: europ
"g-fizy" <jim.davis1@me.com>=0A=0AHi all i am having a few probl
ems with my pv50 prop ,it does not seem to move ,take of
f is ok but as soon as i start to get to about 500 f
t the engine speed seems to go uncontrolled ,the controller
seems not to be doing anything =0Ait displays a change in
pitch but i do not think  that the actual prop pitch mot
or is moving , the smart avionics  controller manual says
you can adjust the prop with out the engine running ,I am
guessing that if you put the controller in manual mode and
adjust the  pitch the motor should move,but nothing happens
,please can some one confirm this ,as i dont fancy fault f
inding with a spinning prop ,or has anyone got any ideas o
n fault finding .Please let me know =0A=0Athanks jim=0A=0A------
--=0Aowner g-fizy=0A=0A=0A=0A=0ARead this topic online here:=0A=0Ahttp
://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=412427#412427=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A_
-===========================
===========================
                         -Matt
===========================
===========================
===========================
====================0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A
=0A=0ASent from Windows Mail=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A-----Original Message-----
=0AFrom: g-fizy <jim.davis1@me.com>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASent
: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 23:13=0ASubject: Europa-List: airplast pv50
is1@me.com>Hi all i am having a few problems with my pv50
 prop ,it does not seem to move take off is ok but
as soon as i start to get to about 500 ft the engine s
peed eems to go uncontrolled ,the controller seems not to
be doing anything t displays a change in pitch but i do
 not think  that the actual prop pitch otor is moving
, the smart avionics  controller manual says you can adjust
the rop with out the engine running ,I am guessing that
if you put the controller n manual mode and adjust the
 pitch the motor should move,but nothing happens please can
 some one confirm this ,as i dont fancy fault finding with
 a spinning rop ,or has anyone got any ideas on fault
finding .Please let me know thanks jim--------wner g-fizy
ead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewt
===========================
===================-=-=
    -- Please Support Your Lists This Month ---=
         (And Get Some AWESOME FREE Gifts!)-=
-=   November is the Annual List Fund Raiser.  Click o
n-=   the Contribution link below to find out more ab
out-=   this year's Terrific Free Incentive Gifts provide
d-=   by:-=   -=     * AeroElectric www
.aeroelectric.com-=     * The Builder's Bookstore www.bui
ldersbooks.com-=     * HomebuiltHELP www.homebuilthelp.com
-=     * My Pilot Store www.mypilotstore.com-=
  * Race Consulting www.mrrace.com-=-=   List Contri
bution Web Site:-=-=   --> http://www.matronics.com/contri
bution-=-=   Thank you for your generous support!-=
-=
     -Matt Dralle, List Admin.-=-========
Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ,-= Photoshare, a
nd much much more:-=-=   --> http://www.matronics.com/Na
vigator?Europa-List-=-=================
      - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS --= Same great conte
nt also available via the Web Forums!-=-=   --> ht
tp://forums.matronics.com-=-===============