Re: Europa-List: Anyone who can spare a small sample of Araldite 420?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Anyone who can spare a small sample of Araldite 420?
From: hagargs <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 16:10:54

Andrew:

You shouldn't need to do comparison testing.  When doing tensile testing your
joint
should not fail at the adhesive. Your sample coupon should fail at the base
material. Make your coupon out of the requisite number of fiberglass layers.
You  want to ensure your adhesive is stronger than the material you are gluing
together.  I've done tensile tests on my old adhesive and always had the
fiberglass
break before the adhesive gave way.

Steve Hagar.