Europa-List: Re: Europa Classic wing blistering

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa Classic wing blistering
From: gtagr <clive.maf@googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 07:06:47

Hi Gordon, I have a similar problem and I' assured by Roger Targett that it is
not uncommon on glass a/c and on many gliders.  The problem is apparently
related
to moisture (perhaps from humidity levels at the time of surface preparation)
being sealed under the surface at the time of painting.  So the remedy would
seem to be re-finishing of the affected areas - which I'm considering.  It
is NOT due (as I've seen some assert) to osmosis - which is seen in fibeglass
boats where surfaces are under constant pressure and contact with water and in
part due to the peculiarities of the resins systems used in boats (see previous
post by Nev).  Its cosmetic, but unsightly and probably another 1000-to-fix
job . . .
Clive.

Read this topic online here: