Re: Europa-List: upholstery backing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: upholstery backing
From: richard <rcollings@talktalk.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 18:21:01

Hi Graeme
I made made subpanels out of a 1mm thick sheets of styrene used by screen
printers, its light and stable and easy to cut to shape, it wont burn and
get this an 8ft x 4ft sheet costs 11 .00. I bought excess head lining
material [foam backed] from Woolies [www.woolies-trim.co.uk] and having
fitted the headlining using spray adhesive, used the remainder under the
leatherette attached to the side subpanels. I left excess leatherette at the
door edge and glued it onto the lower edge of the door opening and covered
it up with the door seal. The side panel are held in place with stick on
Velcro.
Best of luck if you want more info contact me off line.
Richard Collings
G-CGZV
01327 260045