RE: Europa-List: Tyres for tri gear

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Tyres for tri gear
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 12:00:52
Hi! Graham/all

Yes, the =9Ctoe in=9D issue is the key to most wear . I can
vouch for mine to be precise BUT with no wings fitted, probably no
engine fitted, certainly no fuel on board and the aircraft fuselage
supported on slings from above, no pilot or passenger . So how in
God=99s name is the manual set up defined to be correct ?  Mine is
certainly toed in too much, in that my winch to pull the aircraft
backwards up the trailer ramps is seriously stressed .  I have
recommended numerous builders when at the stage of setting theirs to
reduce the toe in and so allow for real weighted circumstances. I even
toyed with an idea of making the main gear legs adjustable to rotate on
like a vernier type fitting , but ran out of motivation and funds.

I believe that I have Condor which are quite a square profile but the
landing touch down is always on the outside of the tyres needing them
changed round on half life.

If only the legs could be heated =9Ccherry red=9D and
twisted to reduce what I have it would be so easy
............Don=99t dare even go there!!

Regards

To all

 Bob H   G-PTAG