RE: Europa-List: more instruments

Subject: RE: Europa-List: more instruments
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@talktalk.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 15:06:36

Max.......Further to what Bob has said  I recall my last solo circuit before
my Skill test at Ormond Beach Aviation when I was allocated a Cesna Aerobat
and hadn't noticed the flaps were by a switch needing it centred to "off" by
hand, when on late final over the student accommodation I became aware I was
basically only descending and likely into the accommodation roof. By chance
I happened to see the 40deg flap by my left ear in my peripheral view.
Prompting me to slam the switch up then causing a flapless landing since I
still hadn't grasped there was no detent positions. !  I since prefer to use
my own selection by observation of the Europa supplied stick on indicators
on the flap visible over my left shoulder. Never have liked bloody Cesna's
ever since !
Regards to all.....
Bob Harrison  G-PTAG