RE: Europa-List: Oil and collant radiators

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Oil and collant radiators
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 08:31:56
Graham

Thanks that pretty much answers my question for now as I am in the
process of building the ducting

However further information would be gratefully received especially with
respect to ducting and airflow.  I figure that once it=99s all set
up it=99s much easier to deal with a cool running engine than a
hot running engine.

I have a tri.

The engine part is a little more complex.  My engine is a turbo 912 - a
Colombian adaptation which originated before the 914 came out to cope
with the high altitudes.  This has a very similar footprint to a 914.  I
normally limit the MAP to 33=9D.  I have one in my ICP Savannah
and it works extremely well and it has never overheated but this
aircraft has a HUGE radiator and lots of space under the cowl.

As far as the heat generation is concerned I suspect it is somewhere
between a 912S and a 914.  I have the standard Europa 914 kit components
inc oil and coolant rad.

Thanks

Will