Re: Europa-List: Coolant Radiator

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Coolant Radiator
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 08:38:31
Hi Philip,
I live in the Southern Hemisphere, and whilst I know most of the worlds
population doesn't, we have feelings down under. We aren't precious
though.
;-)
TR

> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Neville Eyre <neveyre@aol.com>
wrote:
> Philip,
> I'm afraid I have to tell you, you are talking out of your southern
hemisphere !
> The XS radiator was made specifically for Europa, by a well
established Motorsport supplier, never was from a motorcycle, and not
---From anyone in Saffron Walden, or in fact anywhere in Essex. I know who
and where, 'aint in Essex !
> The company who make these for Europa have a very long lead time, I
understand a new batch is due to arrive at Europa some time very soon.
Having one custom made will cost more than having a stock one from
Europa.
> Having said that, I would look at having the original one repaired,
any good alloy welder could do it easily. Do a pressure test, in a
bucket of water to be sure all is well before refitting.
> Cheers,
> Nev.

factory could not help.  It is actually a motor cycle radiator and my
engineer contacted the original manufacturers (who had previously
supplied Europa).  I know they provided an excellent service very
quickly, they did not replace the radiator but repaired it and gave it a
full renovation job for about a third of the cost Europa would have
charged for a new one.  It came back looking like new and in perfect
condition.

> I have spoken to my engineer and inspector, Gary Johnson, he recalls
(from memory) it was a company in Saffron Walden, but will check out the
name and contact details tonight and send them to you.  He can be
contacted on <thehighflyer@aol.com> .

> I have just searched on Google and found a firm of motor cycle
repairers and restorers in Saffron Walden called Motorcycle Restoration
Company (next to Audley End Station), Unit 3, Wenden Court, Station
Road, Wendens Ambro, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB11 4LB, tel. 01799
542323/07734 591456, www.motorcyclerestorationcompany.com.  There is
also another motorcycle shop in Saffron Walden, Bert's Motorcycles, 13b
Debden Road, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB11 4AA, Tel. 01799 525611.  I have
no idea whether it was either of them or neither, but worth a phone
call. Otherwise contact Gary tonight or he will contact you.

> Yours sincerely,
> Philip
>
> Philip J. Levi
> Europa Monowheel Classic, G-BWWB , based at Old Warden.
>

> On 23 October 2013 13:12, goff <goffmoore@aol.com> wrote:
>
> The coolant radiator in G-CHOX (XS Rotax 912ULS) is leaking. We need
to replace it asap. Europa O4 are out of stock.