Re: Europa-List: Remote AHARS??

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Remote AHARS??
From: Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 09:02:13
Many of the EFIS's use remote AHRS units (Grandrapids for example), others
do not (Dynon?).  I had posted about the Leviltechnologies AHRSG-mini with
air-data which is a wireless (Wifi), battery powered (can be hard wired to
ship power) remote unit which displays on the IPAD using a variety of
available apps.  I had made a remote pitot-pod which I clamped on the strut
of a  a certified tube&rag Canuck to get a six-pack in a plane where half
the instruments were inop (!).  Now I`m using it hardwired in the fuse
behind the seat of a tiny HummelBird (until my Europa eventually gets into
formation).

I find it works well, and is stable. The refresh rate could be better (at
about 2hz), but for the price and versatility I can`t complain.

http://www.aviation.levil.com/AHRS_mini.htm