Europa-List: Fred Kleins P51 Fairings for Aussie Builder

Subject: Europa-List: Fred Kleins P51 Fairings for Aussie Builder
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 20:40:56
Hi Frans,
I've been talking to Fred about his mouldings which he has told me, you
have also installed on your plane. When you've got a minute, can you
speed type the min amount to tell me/show me the way you did them, and
why? I have mine out of the box on the side of the aircraft and am
considering the best way of tackling this. To start with though I am
going to do the LE to match his profile, which I plan on starting
tomorrow. Did you use blue foam as your profiling medium to layup yours
onto??
Any help, like always much appreciated.
Regards
Tony Renshaw
P.S. You have the Schicke Regulator on your 914?? I want to buy one
believe there are issues exporting them, and that no one in the business
speaks English, which is surprising in this day and age.

On 20/10/2013, at 10:01 PM, houlihan <houlihan@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> HI Fran.
>
> Having had a regulator failure recently I agree with your message
though in my case the capacitor then failed within a few minutes and
vented its internals past the windscreen.
> Just for information if you have the Schicke regulator installed they
say that the capacitor is no longer required, also over ten years ago I
fitted the overvoltage protection module that was widely mentioned in
the Europa Flyer of the time. This actually worked for me and maybe it
saved my radio and transponder and other stuff from being damaged .

<frans@privatepilots.nl>