Re: Europa-List: Rotax 914 CHT probes

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax 914 CHT probes
From: GTH <gilles.thesee@free.fr>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 20:49:11

Tony Renshaw a crit :

>> Gidday,
> Can someone please remind me of the CHT sensing options for the Rotax
> 914? I know under spark plug sensors can be used, but that it can
> effect spark plug torque, so I am interested in whether there is a
> port on a cylinder etc that can be used accurately, or whether water
> temperature is the better method of monitoring engine temperature
> health. Thanks in anticipation.

G'day Tony,

The 914 comes with two CHT sensors, one on the front left head, the
other on the rear right head.
You just connect one of those to your gage. Everything is the
installation manual.
Naturally, since all the temps limits in the manual are CHT temps, those
are the temps you need to monitor.

FWIW,
Best regards,
--