Re: Europa-List: Fuel return line one-way-valve

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel return line one-way-valve
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 19:43:14
Hi Frans,

you are absolutely as right

******as usually*********

(ask Ilona about these stars ;)

but still I am brave enough to consider that fuel
will not be significantly "aged" when dropping or
in fact spraying it from top of the tank. That
spray will contact air just a split second during
the drop distance from 0 to max say 40 cm.  Notice
you will use this fuel in hours or at least mix it
soon to the fresh fuel when refueling again.
Anyway - if you have a manual tap or an automatic
one-way-valve - there is no reason to instal it (a
return line) to the top of the tank.

BTW have you any idea what=B4s a typical fuel
temperature rise from the tank outlet to the tank
inlet? My guess is it is just couple of degrees
only or even zero - flow rate is so high.

Anyway - thanks you helped me/us to understand
that return line potential danger IN TIME (and to
do something to it). Among us is living at least
one person who would have been very happy about
that extra valve during his awful incident (IMHO).

Funny, we (me & my wife) feel comfortable over the
shoreless sea or in the most thickiest cloud but
so far we cannot even think about flying VFR over
hostile & high terrain like Ilona=B4s parent=B4s Alps.
I understand it=B4s just our lack of information.
And also lack of turbo, oxygen and BRS...

Raimo

HA-MDO

http://www.flyfinland.fi/view/10153/

OH-XRT