Re: Europa-List: Instrument Panel Sub Panel Setup =?utf-8?Q?..Runners=3F

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Instrument Panel Sub Panel Setup =?utf-8?Q?..Runners=3F_?
From: Donald Cameron <fireflier@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 10:03:44
Hi

I went down the route of aluminium sub panels screwed into anchor nuts which
 were riveted onto a 15mm edge all the way around my panel cut outs. Below i
s photo of my panel with the sub panels cut out and mounted, then another on
e with the completed panel with instruments installed.

This set up is very easy to remove if required for maintenance just undo sec
uring screws and panel pulls out giving plenty of access to work in behind p
anel.

Kind regards
Donald
Sent from my iPhone

On 17 Sep 2013, at 01:23, Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com> wrote:

> Gidday,
> I am interested in advice on what might be considered the best setup for t
he instrument panel, in terms of ease of maintenance, removal etc. I am wond
ering if the main sub panel could be removable forward on runners, like draw
er sliders? Big aircraft have these, as was my misfortune one day to realise
 when I grabbed the two foot rests D rings either side of the panel and pull
ed to give my shoulders a stretch, but little did I know that during mainten
ance the locking screws had not been actuated, and the whole panel came forw
ard up to the back of the control column! I looked at the other guy with sho
ck, and just gently eased it back in place, hoping nothing had, or would dis
connect in the process. Yes, we were airborne! It left an indelible memory, b
ut has inspired me as to whether such a setup could work on the Europa. This
 idea is borne out of imagining how unwieldy it might be with all the weight
 aft of the sub panel, to remove it forward easily, especially with plumbing
 a!
> ttached. Runners would make it a lot easier.
> If there is other options for these sub panels I'd appreciate knowing, or w
hether my anxieties are unfounded.  Thanks in anticipation.

=========
=========
=========
=========