Europa-List: Factory upholstery kit

Subject: Europa-List: Factory upholstery kit
From: Kelvin Weston <kelv@kdweston.biz>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:50:01

Hi all

If anyone has the Europa supplied seat and upholstery kit, I would like some
information
regarding the seats.

How well does the seat back cushion fit around the wing spar pins? and do the
cushions
provide support in the lower back area?

I saw some examples of the seats at the LAA Rally a few weekends ago.  The seat
base looks ok but the seat back looks like a very simple flat, slab-like
arrangement.
On returning home and looking at the cockpit module, it would appear that the
back
cushion will conflict with and cover the wing spar pins.
Has anybody experienced problems in this area?

In addition, I was also very aware of the change in angle of the cockpit module
front face.  There is a tendency to think of this as a flat face but there is
actually quite a large change of angle.  From sitting in the seat - something
I do quite a lot, with associated noises, etc, I have come to the conclusion
that any seat back cushion should follow the headrest angle down to the seat
base.
Is that correct?

This would leave a triangular shaped void between the bottom of the seat back
cushion
and the cockpit module.  This would almost certainly need some additional
foam / support if bad backs were to be avoided.  Anyone had any problems like
this?

--------
Regards

Kelv Weston