Re: Europa-List: solid state contactors

Subject: Re: Europa-List: solid state contactors
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 18:31:17
Hi Fred,

I did use one of his SCS switches about 6 or 7 years ago as my main
contactor (not starter relay).  My main attraction was that SCS does not
have a hold in current and as you are aware the Rotax alternator is fairly
weak.

If worked okay for about 18 months and then one day the engine kicked back
while it was cranking and it destroyed it.

I think his new product has a much higher current rating, however I still
do not know if it is robust enough for this application.

In your case it solves problems you don't have and creates new ones. :)

Regards Paul.