Re: Europa-List: Re: Daily Mail report of father and daughter fatality

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Daily Mail report of father and daughter fatality
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 13:10:54

This is very sad. Our thoughts are with that
family.

***

I have something to report about the accident
plane. This is a bit scary but I have known over
11 years that it is maybe not so well built (at
least it is fast built).

My building process was around  its mid when
visited EAA Sweden fly-in in Barkarby 2002. Our
family friend Bob Harrison was there as well as
Mr. Keith Wilson with his huge cameras and extra
thick wallet but thats an another story.

G-GBXS was there. It looked very nice, almost a
show finished plane (actually, there was a show).
I was very curious whats there under the hatches.
To learn something I took a screwdriver and opened
all the possible hatches and covers to visit
inside. That was awful. I was a novice but
understood this is something I definetely would
and will do better. Look attachments. Very
careless. Dirty. Corrosion. A Fuel pump area was
like a spiders nest. That inspection happened 1st
of June 2002. I got new standards to finish my
plane.

I underline my observations have maybe nothing to
do with XS flight safety nor that accident and
all these invisible details have maybe and
hopefully fixed years ago to equal better level
and higher standards.

Build carefull - make beauty first inside then
outside!

Raimo Toivio

# 417 OH-XRT

Finland