Re: Europa-List: Starter problems

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Starter problems
From: Jeff B <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 12:54:04

Paul,

While solenoids "can" be the problem, that's not always the case.  Worn
starter brushes are more common.  You said turning the prop made it
start.  Was the starter drive, perhaps stuck in the flywheel ring?
Might want to check that the starter is bolted down tight.  If nothing
obvious comes up, bring the starter and solenoid to a repair shop,
specializing in starter/alternator repair and let them have a look...

Jeff - Baby Blue