Europa-List: build manual discrepancy

Subject: Europa-List: build manual discrepancy
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 15:16:42

I have generally regarded the PDF versions of the manuals available on the
factory
website as most up-to-dat and reliable, but I've just noticed a discrepancy
that makes me doubt that conventional wisdom.

On page 23M-9 (issue 2) of the PDF (files dating from both 2005 & 2008), it
describes
applying BID tapes to the joint between the fuselage upper and lower mouldings
along the top of the firewall. But my paper manual (also marked issue
2 but dated October 1999) also calls for tapes along the rear top edge of the
rear bulkhead (in the base of the fin).

Does anyone know why the later manual omits the BID tapes on the rear bulkhead?
And is it safe to do so?

(Thinks - maybe I'll ask Andy if I see him on Saturday at the Rally.)

in friendship

Rowland