Re: Europa-List: Re: Sywell LAA Rally 30th Aug to 1st September

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Sywell LAA Rally 30th Aug to 1st September
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 18:34:45

Remi, In the Uk standard unleaded is 95 RON and probably
90% of petrol cars run on it, as do all our Rotax engines.
My 914 has been entirely happy for 10 yrs and numerous
friends 912/Ss. My understanding is that Rotax stipulate
95 RON for the 912s and 914, and that 82UL is something
quite seperate a special purple oloured leaded Avgas for
low compression engines which I have never actually
seen.There is up to 5% ethanol in pump Mogas
but there is a good chance that Sywell will have got some
of the ethanol free petrol still around.
Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ