Re: Europa-List: Trouble on the line

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trouble on the line
From: Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 12:48:44
G'day Ferg,

This very problem was addressed recently on this list so assuming
Neville Eyre's comment is not Copyright, I have reproduced below what he
had to say.

The ''eyeball''  ball socket is held captive by a ring [ collar ], if
the ring has moved outboard, it will allow the eyeball to swivel too
far, that is why the pin will jam in the hole.
Find a steel tube that just clears the eyeball, but is smaller than the
socket housing.
Align the eyeball hole parallel to the flap tube.
Get someone to hold a piece of wood against their leg and bear against
the port side of the flap tube, place the steel tube onto the collar and
strike the tube with a hammer.
When the ring is engaged deeper, the eyeball will only swivel a very
small amount.
You must of course use a special Aircraft Hammer, I have these for sale

See if this helps you with your problem.

Cheers
Kingsley in Oz.