RE: Europa-List: outrigger wheels

Subject: RE: Europa-List: outrigger wheels
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 22:50:10

Evening Roger

This is an extract from an email from the late William Mills giving a source
of an alternative supply.  The email is dated May 2007 so phone numbers and
names may not work.  I saved it for future use, but now mainly flying off
grass find my outrigger wear is minimal.

"Whilst on the outrigger subject, I have found a source of much better
outrigger wheels with proper sealed bearings and shielded hubs. They are
obtained from: MSA Wheels and Castors Ltd, 10 Maclure Road,
Rochdale, Lancs., UK.
The spec is: 170299 EP100 Wheel + 8 mm Bush.  The bush was inserted as a
special order for me, to suit the existing outrigger bolt, so please make
reference to the Europa aircraft outrigger wheel.
If 'phoning the number is + 44(0)1706 516640 and ask for Neal and mention my

name and the wheel's purpose.  He knows all about it.
You will have to make up two pairs of aluminium spacers about 3/16" thick to

accommodate the narrower hub.  (the rubber tyre is the same width as the
blue ones)  I made mine out of 8mm drilled 1/2" dia. solid aluminium bar."

Regards

Pete