Europa-List: UK Mono Training

Subject: Europa-List: UK Mono Training
From: Dave Disney <davedisney@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 02:46:59

Im just completing the purchase of a mono and want to get some training to fly
it safely. Ive contacted the LAA coaching scheme and are waiting for their
reply,
but I thought I would ask on here for the experts thoughts.

I have about 300 hours flying time, most of it in my former aircraft an
Airtourer.
I have no tail wheel experience at all. The aircraft Im buying is a 100hp
XS mono with a fixed pitch prop.

I hope to base the aircraft at Westonzoyland near Bridgewater in Somerset but I
still have my old hanger at New Farm near Bristol Airport where the runway is
a bit longer than Westonzoylands but slopes and cant be used for circuit work
or training.

Can anybody recommend suitably qualified instructors in the south West
(Gloucester
to Exeter) who might be worth approaching if LAA coaching are unable to help.

Any ideas appreciated.

Dave Disney

Read this topic online here: