Europa-List: D2D

Subject: Europa-List: D2D
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 12:36:02

Just to say that' S*d's Law was in operation on Sunday. In
the middle of the best Wx the UK has seen for months,
possibly years I got up at 3.30am in Prestwick to find it
raining & cloudbase at 300ft!!  Couldn't take off before
10.00am by which time it was too late to do anything
except fly home and watch the tennis.
           Pity! The preliminary trials had suggested it
was quite possible for me to fly the 2550nm course at an
average of 150kts with just two brief refuelling stops,
thus upstaging a Hawk Jet, a Mooney and a Beech Baron,
previous holders of the record for longest distance flown.
 I had hoped that this would raise the flag for Europa,
Permit aircraft and Monos  - the latter in response to
someone who recently asked "What are monos good for?" - I
don't  think a Trike could have hoped to do this!
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ