Re: Europa-List: Trip to Australia, is it possible?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trip to Australia, is it possible?
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 17:21:36

Frans, it is possible. A Tiger Moth did it in 2001 or
thereabouts. I had planned to do it in 2009 with Ivor
Phillips, in one plane each with long range tank sitting
in passenger seat. Doing it 2 up would be considerably
more of a challenge. We got to an advanced stage in our
planning before my son developing Motor Neurone Disease
put paid to my plans. We worked out that a March departure
was probably optimal. I did write up an article in the
Europa Flyer with a brief description of the main issues,
but would be p,eased to share that reticle and other
fruits of our research with you off list. I have to say
hat the more research we did the more apparent it became
that it would be very expensive and pone to considerable
hassle in many countries once East of central Europe.
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ