Re: Europa-List: Croatia Europa trip 6th July

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Croatia Europa trip 6th July
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 15:38:17

Hi Bob.

I would love to come on the Croatia trip. Unfortunately I have been having
issues
with my medical. Nothing serious but the National Health has been dragging
it's heels and the CAA has been less than helpful. I finally have an appointment
for next Monday when I hope to get my medical back. I then need to test fly
my aircraft for permit and get it back from LAA. I really don't think that I
could do all this within the week but just in case, could you copy me in on the
details of the trip. I used to have a boat in Croatia and would love to go there
again.

Regards,

Richard Iddon.  G-RIXS
On 18 Jun 2013, at 08:49, Bob Hitchcock <robert.hitchcock@virgin.net> wrote:

> Reminder call for the Europa club  trip to the Balkan peninsula leaving 6th
> July.
Some space remains

> Innsbruck
> To eat Prgeltorte cake
>
> The  beautiful Medieval buildings of the Old Town, the famous Golden Roof
> glinting
in the sunlight and, towering above it, the 2,000 metre-high peaks of the
Nordkette mountain range.

> Pula
> To eat Zagrebaki odrezak (Veal steaks stuffed with ham and cheese and grilled
with breadcrumbs)

> Stroll along the streets of the city of Pula you will be astonished by the
> cultural
masterpieces which create the landscapes of this cultural city. The rich
itenirary of cultural monuments definitely begins with the grand ampithetre,
the Arena of Pula. Once hosting thousands of spectators of gladiator fights.
The Arena is the only remaining Roman architecture with all four side towers and
three architectural orders completely preserved.

> Plus mountains and blue sea.
>
> All the above is to give a taster. But as we know on the these trips, the
> adventure
unfolds each day