RE: Europa-List: Scottish trip - advice?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Scottish trip - advice?
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@talktalk.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 11:08:23

Hi! Clive
I can offer a little advice in that Wick is of first class service  and
eager to oblige. However my experience of Sumburgh if you should need to
flight plan back was not a good one. They refused to accept a flight plan to
Wick because it was closed on a Sunday, so it was necessary to land with a
suspect problem with the engine!  Not unusual with the Jabiru anyway ! The
manager at Wick went ballistic at the Sumburgh people for diverting business
---From him!
Also there are extensive Military activities to watch out for and you are to
be recommended to constantly speak to the Regional FIS .
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG