Re: Europa-List: You'll cry.......

Subject: Re: Europa-List: You'll cry.......
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 13:41:19
Ferg...there is a space of 1.75" (45mm) between the face of my tank and
the aft edge of the 0.5" rod which connects to the aileron friction
plate. I'm suggesting that this gap would allow ample space for a
reciprocating saw blade of proper length to saw your pintle from
below...the trick will be to establish some reference points so that the
opening for the saw can be determined with some accuracy.

My suggestion would be to use a hole saw to cut a hole in the bottom of
the fuselage...say about 2" in diameter...if you make hatch marks for
the center point extending beyond the circumference of the circle, they
would make it easy to align the cut-out circle when you go to patch it
in once the problem's solved and your wings are off.

To locate the center point of your hole, perhaps starting from a
reference line drawn between the two fuel tank access holes would
do...?...if this sounds like a sensible approach to you (and to others
lurking on the list), I can give you a dimension fore and aft from that
line, and a second dimension off the centerline of the fuselage
bottom to locate the center point for the hole.

Let me know if you would like me to determine those dimensions and
establish that point.

My suggestions are based on the idea that a solution lies in finding a
way to cut off your "tapered pintle" which will then allow for you to
drive out the remaining portion which is now stuck in the spar holes.

But perhaps more experienced minds can find a better alternative.

Fred

On Jun 6, 2013, at 11:06 AM, <f.kyle@sympatico.ca> <f.kle@sympatico.ca>
wrote:

> Fred, If the photo trip is for me, I am chuffed to think you would
doso. However to save time and digits, I am lookig for the space you
mention, i.e: up to three inches inward from the port skin, above and
below the pip-pin level, as that seems most probable. Also I have little
idea of the bits and pieces overhead the spars as well as underneath.
These may be useful for you too once the wings are on.
> Salaam, Ferg

illuminating as to the situation you face...by all means send them to
everyone who's commented on your dilemma. My wings are presently not
installed, so I will head out to my shop w/ my camera and perhaps can
describe things visually from another perspective.

> Right now, I'm thinking that a possible solution might lie in a small
penetration in the bottom of your fuselage into which is inserted a
reciprocating blade of the proper length...but let me get back to you w/
more information.

<f.kyle@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Fred,
>             Sorry, got so wrapped up in it, forgot the Matronics
restrictions. If you=92re still curious, here are the phoyos, minus two
of extended saw blades, one of which may be my last option....