Europa-List: Thanks and Farewell

Subject: Europa-List: Thanks and Farewell
From: Brian and Pat Tarmar <freefolk@hotmail.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 08:51:58

Just one week ago I said goodbye to G-OBJT, as new and very capable
owner Alan Burrill took her away from Old Sarum to Brimpton.

Bought as a part built kit (055) from John Grant as G-MUSO in July
2000,  G-OBJT first flew in May 2005 and has given both me and my family
great flying pleasure for 8 years, having traveled as far south as
Mallorca and Malaga, and north to the Scottish isles.  Now it's time for
a change, with a share in a C42 Ikarus and use of a Cessna 172 to get 4
very young grandchildren hooked on aviation.

The main purpose of this message is to thank the many individuals who
have helped me during the build and the years since.  Particular thanks
to Graham Singleton, Neville Eyres, Andy Draper and more recently Ian
Rickard.  But just as importantly, all those who contribute to the
Europa forum, without which I would have been stumped for ideas and
solutions on many occasions.

I doubt I will fly another aircraft as well harmonized as the Europa, so
thanks also to Ivan Shaw for making the experience possible.

Should you see Alan at meetings this summer, please welcome him to the
Europa flying community and ask him how he is getting on with that
unfinished mono kit number 303 in his possession!

Goodbye to you all.

Brian and Pat Tarmar