Re: Europa-List: rough running 912S

Subject: Re: Europa-List: rough running 912S
From: Jeff B <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 13:46:57

Richard,

Black soot is usually a carb problem, though it would also probably show
up in the #3 also.  There is also the possibility of ignition problems
on that cyl. A place to start, anyway...

Jeff - Baby Blue

On 4/26/2013 1:00 PM, Richard Iddon wrote:

> I have just fired up my 912S after new sprag clutch, fitting soft start, new
plugs and 6 month lay up. It has always been quite smooth before but now it
feels
very rough. I pulled the plugs and the two from no. 1 cylinder are black and
sooty whereas all the others are clean / whitish. Carb balance is not perfect
but not at all bad.