Europa-List: UK Value Added Tax on (re)-imported Europa

Subject: Europa-List: UK Value Added Tax on (re)-imported Europa
From: Richard Lamprey <lamprey.richard@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 02:08:16

In 1995 I exported from UK to Kenya a box of bits kit (Number 168), that
eventually
became a flying Europa (classic).

In order to register it properly in Kenya, the Kenya CAA required a letter from
UK CAA that this box of bits had never actually been a flying Europa in UK; the
UK CAA kindly provided this letter, which I still have.

I have bring this Europa back to UK, for registration in UK, will UK Value Added
Tax be payable on it?  Perhaps someone has a similar experience.  Of course
the issue of LAA certification would need to be addressed, but lest talk about
the VAT first.

Many thanks
Best
Richard