Europa-List: Prices and Europa For Sale

Subject: Europa-List: Prices and Europa For Sale
From: DAVID JOYCE <stranfaer@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 10:13:44
My oh My what an emotive subject!=0A-=0AHaving just been exposed to this
situation, I do feel somewhat qualified to pass comment. I have of course t
o date been a buyer of two Europas and the seller of one.=0A-=0APoint 1 :
 There is no price or value that can be given to any aircraft in particular
, each aircraft is worth differing amounts and it is worth exactly what the
 owner is prepared to decide to pass on the keys for- "no more and no les
s" , of course there is the possibility that the prospective purchaser may
not agree with the price a vendor is asking, its his prerogative and-at t
his point-he can simply walk away, so of course can the vendor! Each to h
is own. Our environment really is not akin to the world of Arfer Daley seco
ndhand cars and never will be.=0A-=0APoint 2 : There may of course be a n
umber extraneous circumstances resulting in an alleged bargain,- a prospe
ctive purchaser chancing his hand and offering daft and silly amounts for t
he aircraft for example, a high hour tired engine and or airframe, previous
 aircraft damage or accident, a model less desirable than a current one, VP
 Prop, Tri Gear - Mono, perhaps the owner having a run of bad luck financia
lly or medically and having to sell within a short period of time, etc etc
there are many reasons!=0A-=0AAs for missing a cheap aircraft, well if it
s missed its gone, vamoose. Maybe another one will turn up maybe it wont. R
eferring to point 2 there are many reasons an aircraft may appear to be che
ap or cheaper than others. People that desire cheap aircraft are usually th
e ones that have very little knowledge of the time effort and ability requi
red to build, maintain or indeed to refurbish a Europa aircraft.=0A-=0AAs
 we all know these are the same owners that the LAA are most concerned abou
t as they simply don't understand the fuel systems, the operation and the r
equired maintenance of our aircraft, because they did not build or work on
it extensively, there have of course been several well documented accidents
 to date to prove it.-These regrettably are the same group looking- and
 searching for that elusive-"bargain" and IMHO do not understand either t
he aircraft or etiquette and furthermore our own close knit Europa owning c
ommunity!=0A-=0AAnd to conclude:=0A-=0AA Rolls Royce is clearly worth m
ore than-a VW Golf- (both made by same company) but both still a motor
car!- I am still searching for a 2 year old Rolls Ghost for =A310,000 -
"I am not holding my breath though" and hope I dont find one with differing
 chassis numbers at both ends or one that has been in a total loss accident
.=0A-=0Argds to you all=0A-=0ADavid Joyce=0AThe other one :-)=0A=0ASent
 to you from David Joyce=0A=0A=0A =0A=0A________________________________=0A
 From: "Trevpond@aol.com" <Trevpond@aol.com>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.co
m =0ASent: Tuesday, 16 April 2013, 12:13=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Eu
ropa For Sale=0A  =0A=0A=0ATo Build a 914 Trigear, include a very good pane
l with a customised =0Ainterior will cost =A360,000 for the bits!- I know
 of two being built at the =0Amoment that will cost around =A3100,000 finis
hed. =0A=0AI would remind you Guys about a Europa that was recently put on
sale and =0Athe owner was smothered in dreamers and-others looking for fr
ee flights who =0Athought they could buy the aircraft for =A320,000.- The
 syndicates are the =0Abest, 5 lads all looking for a flight for free!! =0A
=0AI agree that some of the old Classics were cheap to build, were fairly
=0Abasic with a 912 engine and gave amazing performance and so much pleasur
e to =0Atheir owners, but a Europa these days costs three times as much to
build. =0A=0ATrev =0AG-LINN =0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0AIn a message dated 16/04/2013
 11:51:26 GMT Daylight Time, =0Aalancarteresq@onetel.net writes: =0A-->  Eu
ropa-List message posted by: "Alan Carter"  <alancarteresq@onetel.net>=0A>
=0A>Hi Roland.=0A>It is hard from a photo, =0A  but the fit of the inspecti
on panels looks neat.=0A>i have seen some untidy =0A  ones, and that's give
s a little clue as to the build, it has a air vent on the =0A  fin, what,s
this for,?=0A>A fixed trim tab on the aileron, so needs a little =0A  tweak
ing.=0A>Would like to see the Instrument Panel, Please post it on the =0A
forum,??=0A>=0A>Alan=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>Read this topic online =0A  here:
=0A>=0A>http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=398700#398700 =0A>=0A